Time to say goodbye
Caesarpress will end its business activities and shut down by the end of 2017. It has been a pleasure to publish with you.
Dear authors, editors, and customers,
It's been a tough decision but due to several reasons I will have to shut down my small publishing house. In a nutshell, production costs are constantly on the rise, the competition is getting harder every year — not only for small publishers but also for the big fish —, the funding for academic publications dwindles, and at the end of the day I have to admit: all the effort just doesn't pay off any longer.
So what will happen?
- Caesarpress will end its business activity by December 2017.
- ALL open projects will be finished as agreed with the respective editors and authors.
- ALL orders that have reached us directly by August 31, 2017 will be fulfilled.
- From September 1st, 2017 onwards, direct orders to Caesarpress will NO LONGER be possible. This means that from this day on, we will NOT be able to deliver to any bookstores.
- Orders placed at large distributors like Amazon, Barnes and Noble etc. will be possible until December 2017. There might be some copies still around later on, but these will not have been supplied by us.
- At the beginning of 2018, the authors and editors will receive the source files for their publications. Then they are free to do whatever they like with them: publish with another company, self-publish the texts, upload their books as free downloads, or just save them for their memoirs... That means, Caesarpress will transfer all usage rights for the print files and templates to the respective editors or authors without restrictions and without charging anything for it.
I just wanted to thank everyone who made this endeavor work. I think we published something beautiful.
- Dörfler Weg 18/3/1 · 3470 Kirchberg am Wagram · Austria
- +43 664 3979291
- representative: Dr. Thomas Gimesi
- registration no.: FN 374538